You want to go to the biggest game in Siegel Center history? Of course you do. I’m giving away two tickets – they’re actually my staff tickets – to Saturday’s game, but there’s going to be a catch. We’re going to help some Central Virginia families out this holiday season.
EDIT: VCU Pep Band Director Ryan Kopacsi has also donated two tickets. We will now give away TWO SETS of TWO tickets to the game. Ryan’s tickets are in Section 31. Similar vantage point, opposite side of the arena.
Here are the rules:
- Drop off a MINIMUM of five (5) canned goods or non-perishable items to our offices between now and NOON on Friday, Dec. 5 (address below) OR donate a minimum of $10 to the Central Virginia Food Bank online.
- If you donate online, you have to email me a copy of the receipt/screenshot, whatever for proof. Make sure you black out your credit card info. Emails will be deleted at the end of the contest. Please include your contact info. Email is email@example.com.
- Once you submit your donation, your name will be entered into a drawing for the tickets. IMPORTANT: For every five (5) additional items you donate in person, you will receive an additional stub in the drawing. For each additional $10 you donate online, the deal is the same. So if you bring 15 items, you get three chances to win. If you donate $30 online, you get three chances. It’s a weighted drawing, similar to the NBA Draft Lottery, minus the all the shame.
- The Athletics Communications Office is located on the second floor of the Sports Medicine Building at 1300 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23284. Donations must be made in person during normal business hours. Please do not attempt to drop off at the Siegel Center.
- All donations MUST include contact information: Name, cell phone number and email. I can’t give you tickets if I can’t find you.
- The drawing for the tickets will be held at approximately 1:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 5. I will contact you by phone, as well as email, if necessary.
- All items will be donated to the Central Virginia Food Bank.
- The tickets are in Section 12. Surprisingly, being a world-renowned college athletics blogger does not come with additional courtside seats. As many of you know, there are really no bad seats in the arena. Here’s your vantage point: